Our hygienists are licensed to deliver thorough dental care including the administering of local anesthetic to provide for greater patient comfort.
Your hygienist is perhaps the most crucial person in our office to maintain your oral health and share with you the latest oral hygiene techniques and identify your individual hygiene needs. In our office, Dr. Patel, Dr. Cox and his hygiene team work together to maintain your oral health. Some of the services may include:
- Patient screening procedures; such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health history, oral cancer screening, head and neck inspection, dental charting and taking blood pressure and pulse
- Oral cancer screening
- Taking digital x-rays
- Removing calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth
- Applying preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides)
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- Counseling patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health
- Performing documentation and office management activities
Because our concern is always for your well-being and overall health, including your oral health, we encourage you to be informed about oral cancer by reading more on the Oral Cancer Foundation website.